Watch out!
Information
This movie was captured on celluloid by Martin Brest, and he is a director. His successful film is "Beverly Hills Cop" in 1984. That movie appeared before Midnight Run.
Robert De Niro likes this movie the best. In 1974, he appeared "The Godfather Part II" as a first boss of Mafia. He is known for getting inside a character completely. He was presented with Oscar Award twice.
Character
Jack Walsh played by Robert De Niro, is a bounty hunter. He was a police officer in Chicago, so he is single now.
Marvin Dorfler played by John Ashton, is a colleague of Jack. He also is a bounty hunter. Sometimes, he goes back on Jack and Jack cheats on him.
Alonzo Mosely played by Yaphet Kotto, is a government man of FBI. He tells Jack to stay away from The Duke.
Jimmy Serrano played by Dennis Farina, is boss of Mafia. He was embezzled by Jonathan Mardukas. So, he seeks the life of The Duke. He has guns.
Jonathan Mardukas played by Charles Grodin, was an accountant of Jimmy Serrano. He did conversion of Jimmy's money, and he belongs in the loony bin. His nickname is The Duke.
Story
This movie started scene of shootings, Jack Walsh and criminal person. En route, his colleague, Marvin Dorfler tried to seize credit for Jacks' work, but it was unsuccessful. So Jack performed a great deed. He was a police in Chicago, but is bounty hunter now.
One day, his boss asked him to catch out Jonathan Mardukas in New York. He is called The Duke. Jack was the reluctant recipient of this mission. He is headed to New York from Los Angeles.
On the way to New York, he met officers of the FBI. They told him to stay away from The Duke, and stand aside from that mission. After that, he was spoken to by soldier of Jimmy Serrano. Jimmy is boss of Mafia. His soldier also told him to do not carry out the Duke. But, he didn't give up it.
In an airplane to New York, he glued his ID photo on a FBI's, and he made a forged FBI notebook. He picked FBI's identification notebook, when he was in FBI's car.
In New York, he pretended FBI to call to Jonathan's acquaintance. So, he said the Duke's telephone number by telephone sounds. He went to the Jonathan's house, and he caught the Duke. They leave Jonathan's house to airport. This mission was going to make it, but it happened at the airport. Duke said "I can't ride in an airplane!" He thought it's not true,but he made a scene, so they got out of the airplane. Then, they tried to ride a train to Los Angeles.
Along the way, they met many dangerous happening, for example, attack and car chase by Mafia, holding up an exploit by associate and betrayal of flesh. You might see in suspense, when you'll watch these scenes.
Can they go to Los Angeles alive? Does Jack get the upper hand of the Mafia? Does he perform a great deed?
My impression
It is wonderful story. It has actions scene and heartwarming scene, I think. Jack unlocks a door with a wire, I like this scene the best. This movie has many action scenes, I don't like violent actions. But I enjoyed watching actions in this movie, because it's like an action comedy movie. I was slightly spoiled by word or two in this movie. It is "Fuck you!" and "Bitch!" Gradually, I thought it's colloquialisms words and so cool, masculine saying. This movie is drawing the beginning of a friendship and seeing the bond between parent and child. I think that it's buddy movie. In the end of this movie, I was crying and laughing. This movie really made me think. For example, what real honest is, parent and child relationship after the divorce, difference between police and bounty hunter, and choosing jobs or friendship. I watched it at KGU's library. There is video only, and no dubbed-in voice. I felt this movie is an old work. It has two hours, but it didn't feel very long. If you are interested in it, please try to watch it.
710 words
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿