"The robbers took all the jewellery." (p.5)
I read it this week. ( April 25th to May 1st )
Eddie is a hero of this story. One day, he saw a lot of people. They are witnesses of the jewellery robbery. This robberies got away in a red car. Eddie saw a red car in the empty house next door. But his mum turned it into a joke. Eddie made sure that the robberies are next door and he find real robberies in this house. Could his mother believe him? I think that there was a close bond of affection between Eddie and his mum. And, this book was used peculiar English. For example, The U.K. doesn’t use jewelry, it use jewellery. I suppose, it was published in Australia. The U.K. had immigrants from Australia. I learned not only English but also history of English.
Reilly, C. (2007). THE JEWELLERY SHOP ROBBERY. South Melbourne: Cengage Learning Australia.
Series: FFY (Fast Forward Yellow) Level 8
Vocabulary: robbery 強盗
166 words
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿